Monday 19 April 2021

A Bit of Calm (10th April 2021)

A bit of calm...


So since October I have felt at 6's and 7's...no purpose, no work, exhausted from home schooling and then home schooling again. I have struggled, not knowing my role any more. Having more time but still being shattered and not knowing what to do.

This Easter week has been lovely, the first time in ages all off together. We sat one afternoon and watched a Star Wars film. Very much loved by most in this house. I swing from appreciating it, to stressing that there's too much violence for the small one. Today I watched more removed I guess and saw it differently. I gained clarity. They do talk a load of rubbish at times but some gems of wisdom it has!

 “I need someone to show me my place in all this.” – Rey
I know everyone just wants to find their place, I just think recent events have highlighted this personal battle for me.

"We're going to win this war not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love!" - Rose Tico
I've been focussing on things I cannot fight, things I cannot win or change - when I need to focus on the positives and who I am lucky enough to have in my life.

1 comment: